Friday, June 21, 2013

Totally boring stuff (repost from 4-8-13)

I have gone and done it. What I said I would never do. Run. You see, runners really annoy me because that's all they talk about, ever. It's SO annoying. So what do I do but go and start running and now here I am... talking about it. Laaaaame, I know... sorry. BUT... I am afraid if I don't track what I am doing I will regret it so where else to track these things but in my journal. I will not start two journals just because I intend to bore you. Sorry in advance! Maybe I just mark all the running stuff boring so you can skip it? Or maybe you can start running with me...

I needed to get my buns in gear... my cute little Greyson, aka "party baby" hates to sleep, he didn't want to go to bed before 11:30 at night and that's traditionally been my work out after baby time so what gives? The work out. It's too bad Grey, it's time,  I have to hand you over to dad for some good old sleep training. I am just flat out at the point where I can't put it off any longer so I laced up the old shoes and hopped on the elliptical about two weeks ago.

For a little history, I LOVE working out. I love it. (I love eating too, even more probably, so it's a good thing I love it...) I have a feeling if I didn't have so many obligations I would be one of those freaky gym people. Once I get going it's hard for me to actually stop... Before the twins I would get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the gym and then be at work at 6:30. After babies I would do it late at night... but I never really got going again after Grey.

A few months ago I tried. I started the C25K to start running but I did it for three days in a row before I figured out it was a three days a week program. Needless to say, I guess I was a little beyond starting C25K anyway. I hate running, it's soooo boring. Painfully boring. Granted I have only ever done the treadmill but *yawn*, why people why? Then we up and decided to move and THEN there wasn't a TV in the work-out room so I had lots and lots of excuses not to start exercising again!

So, after I did a couple little work-outs during the day and then started picking up the late night work outs I decided to run a little. Uggghhh... maybe I can run if I only run half the work-out time. But then... THEN... I may have made a wee tiny race commitment to some of my imaginary friends. (More on that in a few months...) and now I HAVE to run, I just have to! Learn to love it baby!

I ran outside last Friday, not even two weeks from when I got moving again. I was planning on four 14 minute miles... slow. I am only a couple weeks into it and this was to be my first once a week "long" run having slowly run 3 miles already a few times. I did it, faster than expected (though far from fast!). Four miles at an average of 12:29 min miles, marking the longest distance I have ever run and the first time I ran outside.

And it begins. I will not get obsessed, I will not get obsessed, I will not get obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment